Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Run Your Buns Off 5k!!!

I started running about 10 years ago.  I laced up my sneakers because I had just started college and was deathly afraid of the Freshie 15....which I put on anyways.

But once I got into running it became more than just about running.  As I mentioned previously, it was around the same time that my love of rabbits began.  Since then, it has been my dream to help an organization put together a race to benefit the rescue of abandoned House Rabbits.

Enter the Ohio House Rabbit Rescue.  This past January I saw the meeting minutes and noticed that they were contemplating putting together a 5k run to help make THEIR dream of a rabbit rescue shelter possible.

I think the stars collided at that moment.  Now I can call myself the Race Director for the Run Your Buns Off 5k and Little Hopper Fun Run which will be taking place on September 23, 2012 here in C-Bus.

I am so excited about this event and about sharing my love of running and bunnies with all my friends, running buddies, and family members.  I am hoping that people of all abilities will attend this event as the fees go to this wonderful organization and of course to our little furry friends.

One thing I have learned through my participation is that I have wonderful running friends and wonderful rabbit friends.  My life is more complete with them around.

Please consider visiting http://www.premierraces.com/ and signing up for this event.  If you can't attend consider sponsoring a runner, or the race directly.  Feel free to email me at shanmac16@hotmail.com if you have questions about how to do so.

If there is one thing I can say that I love about myself and my friends and family, it's our passion to help other people, other animals, important causes.  We care as much about our next PR as we do about being supportive of one another.

Oh!! If you can make it out...don't forget your tail and ears.!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your new title and good luck with the 5K!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Comments are fun and I get excited to see one:) Friendly encouraging thoughts welcome!