Monday, November 26, 2012

Dream Big


Happy Monday friends.  This was an appropriate pic today and one that I really needed to see.  So often I put things off with the idea that things (or I) will be better, stronger, healthier..etc at some future date.  The problem is that date never arrives and I've sadly missed out on doing something exciting with my life.

I have this friend in my running group named Mandy whom I just really admire.  I admire her because she is one tough lady with what I like to call 'lady b@lls'.  I first ran with her almost a year ago because she needed someone to pace her for her last run before her half marathon.  I think she finished somewhere in a little over 2:30 minutes.  A year later this chick has made an attempt at mountain climbing (she's going back I believe to take that motha on again!), finished several half marathons, other races and a MARATHON.

She inspires me because she just puts her nose to the grindstone and doesn't let anything stop her, not her post baby weight (which she has shed most of!), not yucky trainers, nothing gets in the way of this gal doing her thing.  And it reminded me last night after reading her blog that I've got to stop a) feeling sorry for myself and b) stop delaying my dreams because I am too scared or worried to pursue them. 

Most of you know that I am a recovering scale-a-holic.  I have room to improve, weight to lose, muscle to put on..but mostly I just have a life that I need to live.  If tomorrow was it, I would be pissed at myself if I hadn't made every attempt I could at chasing down my dreams.

The biggest dream of mine...a 100 miler.  Ever since I saw that people did those I've wanted to run one.  I'm thinking 2013 might be my year.

What about you?  What is your biggest dream?

Oh, and check out Mandy's No Standing Still

2 comments:

  1. Love her blog (I'm now following it)
    Thanks for posting it. :-)
    I am like a fountain of motivation right now, because I know that if I'm going to get my old running mojo back, I just need to get out there and do it. The weather is going to suck, but this is Ohio. If I wait for the weather, I'm going to be waiting a LOOOONNNGGGG time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw! This post warmed my heart Shannon! I needed this today after my own scale-a-holic morning. 100 miles sounds awesome and is on my bucket list! I'll be there to cheer you on!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Comments are fun and I get excited to see one:) Friendly encouraging thoughts welcome!